Now in stock at all branches, the new flexible gas pipe - Gastite!
The GASTITE corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) system can be used for installations of natural gas and LPG. The system is approved under the BS Kitemark number KM587681.
Simple hand tools such as tubing cutters, wrenches and utility knives are all that are needed to work with the Gastite components. Gastite is a reliable, cost-effective system that can be installed in all modes of construction: residential, commercial and industrial; new construction and retrofits.
Featuring its patent-pending multi-point seal, the XR2 fittings sealing surface does not sit on the cut end of the tubing, so even the most unsightly cut will yield a tight seal. The XR2 fitting is also reduced in size and requires minimal torque, making the installation of larger sizes considerably easier. With no o-rings or gaskets, the reusable brass components provide a reliable metal-to-metal installation.
Features & Benefits:
- Flexibility means quick and easy installations. Gastite installs 30-70% faster than traditional piping methods.Pre-marked by the foot, there's no measuring, rigid pipe cutting or threading. This means less waste and fewer fittings.
- 75% fewer fittings in the average installation means a safer system, less leak potential and reduced callbacks.
- Gastite CSST is lightweight. 250 feet of 1/2" CSST weighs approximately 38 pounds and can be easily transported and handled on the job.
- Custom lengths of tubing and job-specific accessories for those large and multi-family projects can be easily obtained by a simple telephone call.
- The Gastite corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST) system can be used for domestic and industrial and commercial (I&C) applications.
Ask your local branch for more details and prices!