The Nest Learning Thermostat is a Smart Thermostat that automatically adjusts to the schedule of a family home and on connection to the Wi-Fi can be used to remotely control your Heating & Hot Water via mobile, laptop or tablet.
Compatible with the following systems;
- Condensing & Combi Boilers
- System & Heating Boilers
- Hydronic Underfloor Systems
- Air Source & Ground Source Heat Pumps (Heating Only)
- Zoned Systems (One Nest Thermostat per zone)
- Switched Live Systems
- Low-Voltage (Dry Contact) Systems
After installation, Nest requires a week or two of manual use and then it will start to automatically adjust to your requirements - warming the house up for breakfast, switching to away mode when it detects everyone has left the home (pets do not affect this sensor), warming the home for your return and turning the temperature down once you've gone to bed. In addition to learning your routine, Nest features Hot Water Control, set a manual schedule and hit boost when you need that bit extra and the Nest will even turn the Hot Water off if it detects you haven't been home for a few days.
Not only is Nest smart and convenient but it's a huge help in saving on your energy bills, as most thermostats are set and forgotten about, Nest adapts to your lifestyle and encourages saving by rewarding users with a 'Leaf' icon on the display every time you change temperate to save energy. You can track how many leaves you've gained in a month using the inbuilt Home Report or simply track your day to day usage via the Energy History feature. As your requirements adjust, the 'Leaf' icon will require greater changes to appear, further saving you money on your household energy bills.
- Farsight - your Nest will always be happy to see you, lighting up that sleek display the moment you walk in the room to display Weather, Temperature or Time - and you can even select between a digital and analogue clock face as per your preference.
- IFTT Connections - Connected to the 'Internet of Things' Nest can be linked to the Nest Protect Alarms and Nest External & Internal Surveillance Cameras, in addition to Hue lights, Whirlpool appliances and even Amazon's Alexa!
- Peace of Mind Alerts - Coldsnap rolling in? Nest will send an alert to your mobile phone if there is a risk of pipes bursting, so you can be one step ahead.
- Serious Sensors - Sensors in the front of the Nest detect if the sun is shining on the display and internally adjusts to prevent incorrect temperatures being sent to the boiler and potentially shutting off the heat and detect if any (human) is at home to ensure the heating stays on, or turns off if the home is empty.
- Family Accounts - up to 10 usernames and passwords can log in to one system allowing for all round control and increasing the efficiency of the 'Auto Away' feature by detecting phone locations.