Winter top tips
Winter is here! Heating engineers have their hands full replacing boilers, fitting spare parts and carrying out services. So, we’re sharing some top tips:
- Check your filters! There could be water in them that will freeze during winter
- EH and ES nozzles are different to H & S Nozzles - make sure to only use EH/ES on Kerosene
- Check the date stamp on the oil hose during service and change it each year – avoid using braided hoses!
- Don’t forget to check the pump filter - this gives a good idea of the condition of the oil supply
- Dip your tanks on a service to check how much water is laying on the bottom